About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, April 23, 2018

Weekend De-Stressing

After a roller coaster week, Scott and I were both relieved when the weekend finally arrived. I continue to feel both angry and downtrodden when I think of the school rejecting Robby as a student, but I am beginning to gain some perspective.  If the Montessori school on the side of the mountain doesn't want Robby, then obviously my initial impressions of the program were woefully incorrect. I have faith that a new educational opportunity is awaiting him and it is now my job to find it.

Friday afternoon, while Timmy was happily playing trains with a babysitter, the rest of the family headed to go see the Cirque show in town. As I anticipated, Robby was mesmerized by the performance. I didn't arrive at the show in a good frame of mind, but I left feeling uplifted and happy. Spending a few hours immersed in a performance and completely forgetting all of the stresses from the week was a fantastic way to start the weekend.

The weather was gorgeous on Saturday so we decided it would be the perfect day for a family trip to the farm. Timmy was giddy having his brother and daddy accompany us to his happy place. He eagerly showed them all of the new features and was quite the little showman on the obstacles. Despite his complaints about not wanting to go, Robby even ended up having a good time. With such a difference in age and ability levels, finding family activities is becoming increasingly difficult.  

On Sunday I spent several hours on the internet, locating and contacting schools in the area. Hopefully today I will receive replies and we can begin the process of uncovering Robby's new school. Wish us luck, because I don't think my heart can handle more rejection!


No comments:

Post a Comment