About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, June 29, 2018

Swimming and Geocaching

Yesterday we had planned to return to Virginia, but Robby asked to extend our stay so he could go to the pool with his cousins.  The temperatures were hot and the sun was blazing. Lacking any real reason to return home immediately, I decided that staying and swimming would be a good use of our day.  

Robby, Timmy and Tiffany all had a blast splashing and playing in the pool. After a few hours we returned back to my Mom's, where we dried off and ate dinner. When Timmy was sleeping for the night we sneaked out and went Geocaching at a local park. We topped off our Geocaching with a trip to the ice cream shop.

Driving back to my Mom's we noticed the bright yellow full moon. I encouraged my nephew to pull out his telescope so we could all take a better look. At first he said that he couldn't find it, but finally admitted that he didn't know how to use it. With a "don't worry, I've got this" attitude, Robby grabbed the telescope and set it up like a seasoned pro.  We ended up setting up the telescope in the middle of the street (thankfully there is little to no traffic that time of night) and Robby helped JR learn how to use it. 

I'm relieved that it is finally Friday. With near constant travel, I'll be glad when things finally slow down for awhile. Although we all had fun in Ohio, the stress of trying to keep the boys tame while around others is simply exhausting.  Today the boys and I are headed home. I have to admit I'm looking forward to kicking my leg off, curling up on my couch in my jammies and sipping on a glass (or two) of wine.  



No comments:

Post a Comment