About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Gulp Gulp

The swelling in my leg has reduced, but phantom pain returned with a vengeance last night. I'm not sure why the sudden onset, but the pain last night was relentless and strong. As I laid in bed I tried to remind myself that my limb was not being hurt, and that the pain was simply nerve endings misfiring. My internal dialog did little to relieve the sensation of my limb being stung by yellow jackets, nor did it quiet the incessant kicking that ensued. 

My phantom pain tends to increase when I'm dehydrated. Despite my good intentions, I have not been vigilant about remaining hydrated. I've been busy and self-care has taken a back seat to work, family obligations and summer ambitions.  I need to do a better job!

Last night's pain was my body yelling at me for my poor liquid intake. It is easier to drink water during the day than it is to suffer through the night. After the difficult pregnancy and the ensuing prolapse,  my bladder control stinks. I have decided that I would rather visit the bathroom frequently instead of being stung by phantom wasps through the night. 


No comments:

Post a Comment