About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, July 20, 2018

Dutch Wonderland

With Robby occupied with his cousins at the Science Center, Scott and I decided to take full advantage of our alone time with Hamlet. After much contemplation, we packed him up and drove to a neighboring amusement park. He squealed when we drove into the parking lot and he spied a roller coaster behind the castle walls.

Dutch Wonderland specializes in smaller rides, perfect for younger children. Because the majority of the rides are smaller (and slower), the park is never as crowded as other amusement parks. The pair never waited more than one cycle to hop onto a ride, and many times they were able to just stay seated and ride again.  

Timmy and Scott rode over 20 rides before my little guy finally konked out from exhaustion.  He had an absolute blast, but it is difficult to tell who had more fun. Scott was smiling just as broadly as Timmy!

My role at Dutch Wonderland was that of photographer, map reader and bag holder. Because of the short lines, I wasn't forced to use my accessibility pass. Yesterday was my favorite way to enjoy amusement parks, as a spectator from a bench. 











No comments:

Post a Comment