About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, July 16, 2018

Home

Although I never made it beyond the hotel walls, I had a great time at conference. I loved reuniting with my friends. We only see each other once a year, but our connections are strong. Social media, with all of its flaws and frustrations, is a wonderful conduit for connections.  

Traveling home was both long and tiring. Between delays and flight cancellations, my reunion with the boys was delayed until late evening. I was so grateful to finally walk off the last plane. Sitting for hours, cramped into the center seat, caused my limb to swell and my back to ache. By the time I was able to finally stretch out and walk my leg was as puffy as a giant marshmallow.  

I took a water pill as soon as I arrived home in an attempt to expel the extra fluid.  No good idea ever goes without a consequence. My leg is returning to its normal size, but I was up all night going to the bathroom. Between the jet lag, conference fatigue and the interrupted sleep, I'm dragging this morning. 

Despite being tired and puffy, I'm delighted to be home. While I had a great time visiting with my friends, I missed my family. At my core, I'm a homebody!


No comments:

Post a Comment