About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, August 07, 2018

Back Home

After a long morning navigating through the airport and trying to keep Hamlet entertained on the plane, we finally arrived home. We had a great two weeks away but I know that everybody was happy to be home. Perhaps our kitties were happiest to have us back in VA. Both met us at the top of the stairs and have been cuddly at every opportunity. Our cat sitter did a great job, but I think Charlie and Kitty Kitty missed the activity of the boys throughout the day.

Robby is still recovering from his wonky internship schedule. For a week he worked throughout the night and into the wee hours of the morning. He is struggling to fall asleep at a normal time and is constantly tired (cranky). For the sake of everybody in his sleep deprived path, I hope his schedule normalizes soon!

Timmy was the only one who was not happy to be home. Instead of being excited to return to his house and toys, he became mad that he wasn't at the beach. (He was also tired from being woken at 4 so that we could catch our flight.) All night long he looked at me and said, "No home, more beach." Sorry kiddo, vacations can't last forever.

Today is our first full day back to reality, which for me means tackling the laundry and cleaning up around the house. It is shaping up to be another dreary day. After two weeks of sunshine and warm temperatures, I had almost forgotten how yucky our summer weather has been in Virginia. Hopefully the rain will stay along long enough to allow Scott to mow the grass. Our yard is beginning to look like a jungle.

By the time I get caught up from this vacation I will be in desperate need of another!




No comments:

Post a Comment