About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, September 03, 2018

Ouch

I heard Hamlet up early and ready to start playing. Normally I begrudgingly get out of bed within moments of hearing him, groggy and moving at a slightly slower speed until the coffee began to course through my system. This morning was different. I found myself laying in bed for more than 30 minutes after my little mischief maker woke up. I wasn't enjoying the holiday, nor was I enjoying the solitude of having Scott get up to watch Timmy. Instead, I was physically trapped because my back muscles decided to spasm.  

I laid in bed for nearly 20 minutes, trying (and many times failing) to turn my body without twinging my back. After I finally found myself in a propped sitting position, I realized that I needed to get on my liner and leg. It took me nearly 15 minutes and a variety of poses worthy of a Cirque du Soleil performance to slip on my liner. Each time my weight shifted I felt the complaints from my middle aged back.

Tomorrow I am leaving for San Francisco, which means that I have a lengthy to do list to tackle today. Unfortunately my back failed to get the "I don't have time to be sidelined" memo. Instead of working around the house and cleaning, today will be spent alternating between heat and ice in the quest for comfort and relief.  

I hate feeling my age!

No comments:

Post a Comment