About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, October 22, 2018

Disconnected

Saturday I had to work, which was a bummer because the weather was beautiful. Sunday I was determined to spend some quality time with the family so I logged off the computer for the day. It was oddly empowering to turn the computer off and to break the electronic tether that has become my norm. Instead of working, we all headed to Pumpkinville for the day.

Timmy was ecstatic to show his brother and daddy around one of his favorite places. Robby Rotten, the snarky tween who has recently invaded my son's body, stayed away all day long. Robby and Timmy played beautifully together, giggling among the hay bales and racing each other on the giant slides. Timmy was over-the-moon to be playing with his hero all afternoon!

I thoroughly enjoyed having Scott and Robby along during this Pumpkinville visit. Typically I am Timmy's playmate because I'm usually the only one there. I don't mind going down the slides and meandering through the mazes, but I was certainly happy to relinquish the role for the day. I loved being able to relax and just watch the brothers play.  

My weekend was shortened by a day, but we definitely made the most of it. I think I'll start to disconnect more often. I certainly feel more rested, centered and happier than I have in a long time!











No comments:

Post a Comment