About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Worried

The next few days will be a bit wonky for our family. Instead of going through our normal schedule, we will be heading to Pennsylvania. We are planning to stay at least a week to help my mom recover from surgery.  She has nursed me after surgeries more times than I can remember. It is odd being on the other end of the relationship, but I vow to do my best!

Today my mom will be going into surgery to have her prosthetic kneecap replaced. Although she has been doing well since her bilateral knee replacements six years ago. Unfortunately, one of her kneecaps has shifted and needs to be replaced. The surgeon promises that both the procedure and the recovery are considered "easy," but that did little to calm our anxiety. Until my mom is fully recovered and out of pain, I am going to worry.

Please send her some good thoughts today. I know that she is going to be fine, but having her go into surgery at all is worrisome.  

No comments:

Post a Comment