About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, December 05, 2018

Day Two of Pain

I was hoping that I would find relief from the persistent phantom stinging and biting, but my nerves never rested. Last night was as difficult as Monday night, leaving me running on fumes after little to no sleep since Sunday. Needless to say, I'm absolutely miserable!

I am still trying to figure out the cause of this sudden onset but I'm left without answers. The only conclusion that makes sense is that sometimes nerves just become angry. Having to accept both the pain and the vulnerability that it can occur at any time is humbling. 

Today I am going to be taking it easy, not so much because I want to relax but because my body is forcing me to slow down. I'm hoping that a day spent curled up on the couch without my prosthesis will help the angry but mighty little nerves to settle down. 

Have I mentioned how much I hate phantom pain?

No comments:

Post a Comment