About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Playing

Yesterday was moderately better than the weekend. Timmy and I spent the day outside, riding bikes and playing baseball. Being outside in the sunshine definitely helps to elevate my mood. Disconnecting, playing and having fun was exactly what my heart needed to recover from the frustrating weekend. I'm hopeful that everything will continue to improve and I can regain traction towards my goals.

My leg is feeling a little sore this morning, probably due to the hours spent outside playing. Timmy certainly gave me quite a work-out and, although I'm getting stronger and more fit, I'm not in optimal physical shape. I realized that I don't need a gym when I can just chase after and play with him.

After riding our bikes for nearly three miles he rediscovered his ball and bat. We spent hours practicing hitting and catching, which equated to me spending logging miles running up and down our pitted yard to retrieve balls.  (Sometimes I really think we should get a dog!)

I'm hoping that a few ibuprofen will work some magic so I will remain comfortable throughout the day. The weather is supposed to be beautiful again and I know that Timmy will want a repeat of yesterday's activities. I refuse to allow my leg soreness to get in our way, but our day will be much more enjoyable if I'm not in pain.




No comments:

Post a Comment