About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, November 11, 2019

Walking Day!!

Happy Walking Day to me!

Sixteen years ago today, I took my first prosthetic steps. The memories of that day are so vivid and fresh that it is hard to fathom that so much time has passed. At the time, I was petrified of everything involving my amputation. I was worried that I wouldn't be able to master a prosthesis and that I would be in pain and immobile for the rest of my life. I was unsure about reasonable expectations, and I crutched into my prosthetist's office that morning on blind faith that I would be okay.

My life today exceeds any of the hopes that I held on that morning sixteen years ago. I have a wonderful family and I'm incredibly active. I've surpassed mastering my prosthesis and I am now at the juncture where it has simply become an extension of my biological body. So many years ago I never imagined that I would feel comfortable, capable and normal with a prosthesis. Yet here I am, living an amazing life as an amputee.

Today is one to be celebrated.  It hasn't always been easy, but I can definitely say that I am living my best life.  Happy Walking Day to Me!


No comments:

Post a Comment