About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, November 13, 2019

Vacation

All of a sudden it has become wickedly cold. After the unyielding heat of summer and most of the autumn, the strong cold snap is a welcome change. There is something lovely and cathartic about curling up next to a roaring fire all day. All of my obligations and chores remain, but everything seems to feel more relaxed and comforting when I'm sitting next to a warm and crackling fire.

 Robby spent the majority of the day tackling schoolwork. Determined to get ahead in his studies so that he can take Thanksgiving week off, he has double-downed on his efforts. I am so incredibly proud of his diligence when it comes to his studies! 

Timmy was equally calmed by the fire and was content to spend the day playing games and working on his letters. With my sidekick happy and busy playing alone, I could have used the time to tackle some much overdue housework. Instead, I opted to watch a Christmas movie on the Hallmark Channel.  My new job starts in a few weeks, so I am justifying my relaxation by reframing it as a vacation. Things will become hectic in January, so I might as well relax and enjoy the season while I can.




No comments:

Post a Comment