About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, November 14, 2019

Mom Guilt

Despite being three weeks since I took my tumble, my ankle is still sore. Although omnipresent, the pain intensity is waning. I am still acutely aware of the injury, but each step is not as tender as it was just a few days ago. I am frustrated that it is taking so long, but I am coming to accept that it takes longer to heal after 40.

Logically, I should not need an excuse to relax and enjoy sedentary activities. I am so used to always moving that I have started to feel guilty for slowing down. I have thoroughly enjoyed just watching Christmas movies by the fire.  My motivation to be constantly in motion has been weakening with each passing afternoon. 

Timmy has been content to play indoor games and hasn't been chomping at the bit for an adventure. He isn't sick, but I don't think he feels fantastic. Perhaps we are all overdue for a break.

In moments when I feel twinges of guilt for not being outside running with Timmy, or for not scrubbing and cleaning the house, I remind myself that taking it easy is helping my ankle heal. I wish that I didn't feel guilty for slowing down and relaxing! Maybe if I do it more often, I won't feel as guilty?

No comments:

Post a Comment