About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, December 05, 2019

Cold Liners- YIKES

Ugh. There is no doubt that winter is in full swing. Even though we don't (yet) have snow, the cold weather has definitely arrived. I don't mind winter, but one aspect leaves me with dread. Pulling myself out of a warm and snugly bed and having to slip on an ice cold liner simply stinks. Talk about a miserable way to start a morning!

Most of the time I don't think twice about putting on my prosthesis. I have been an amputee for more than 16 years and the task has become second nature. All of that changes in the winter. Sliding on an ice cold, silicone liner each morning is an unpleasant reminder of life without a limb.

If I were able to plan better, I would bring my liner under the electric blanket to warm it up before donning. Unfortunately, Timmy would take full advantage of the opportunity and would probably sprint to the kitchen to snitch an ice cream sandwich. As soon as I hear the pitter patter of little feet down the hallway, my day begins in earnest. 

I realize that cold liner woes are relatively low on the gripe scale, but that doesn't make the few seconds each morning any less pleasant. 

No comments:

Post a Comment