About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, December 06, 2019

Tilted Tree

Yesterday Scott decided to surprise the family by taking a day off of work. Knowing that we have missed having a Christmas tree, and wanting to avoid the crowds over the weekend, he thought it would be fun to take advantage of his being home by going tree hunting. The weather was gorgeous, the fields were empty and the air was brisk. It was, in my opinion, the perfect day to get a Christmas tree.

After much debate, we settled on an 8 foot beauty. It wasn't until we got it home and set up in the stand that we noticed the odd slant of our tree. Oh well, it isn't perfect, but neither are we. Somehow the slant adds a touch of personality that fits our family perfectly. 

Even though our tree is obviously tilted, she is sturdy in her base. I can't help but feel an kinship with our new evergreen. We both stand a little askew, but we remain proud and strong.

Timmy and I spent the rest of the afternoon stringing thousands of lights on our tree. He definitely has my affinity for colorful twinkle lights. Our tree is definitely bright. Hopefully it is bright enough to be seen from Santa's sleigh.




No comments:

Post a Comment