About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, June 19, 2020

Father's Day

This weekend the country will be celebrating Father's Day. This holiday has been difficult ever since I lost my own Dad. I do my best to make the day about Scott because he deserves to be celebrated. As much as I try to stay focused on him my mind always travels to my own Dad. 

Ted passing away from pancreatic cancer has stirred up so many memories for me. As I witnessed his decline through his wife's eyes, I kept remembering my dad during all of those stages. It is a horrific disease!

Like every special event and holiday that has transpired since February, Father's Day will be a little different this year. We typically spend the day on a family adventure. A few years ago we went to DC for the weekend. This year we will probably "staycation" in our driveway. Our celebration will definitely be tamer, but am going to do my best to keep my focus on  Scott.

No comments:

Post a Comment