About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Rough Day

All of the relaxation vibes that I had accrued over the weekend evaporated as soon as I woke up on Monday. I felt like I was running on fumes by noon, and the fact that I still had at least ten more hours to go before bedtime felt both overwhelming and depressing. It definitely wasn't my best day, but I survived so I will consider it to be a success.

Timmy, who hasn't been sleeping well, was "off" all day. He waffled between being whiny and needy to angry and destructive without warning. When I wasn't working I was spending all of my time and energy towards soothing, calming and redirecting my little guy. 

I know that he isn't feeling well and that he is doing the best that he can given his circumstances. It breaks my heart that his health is still not up to par. I'm hoping that we will be able to resume his treatments soon because I miss my happy little Hamlet.

Because I knew that the root of his issues was organic, I really tried to remain patient and loving. When he needed to cuddle I dropped everything and held him. When he was frustrated I did my best to help him work through it. I know it wasn't an easy day for him, but my goodness I felt absolutely drained by the time he went to bed.

I'm hoping for a better day for both of us.  Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment