About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, February 22, 2021

Ice

 The ice storm from Thursday was significant enough keep us inside all weekend.  By the time everything fell and settled, we ended up with nearly an inch of compacted sleet and ice on every hard surface. Because the temperatures never rose above 20 degrees, nothing melted. We are supposed to get above freezing during the next few afternoons, so hopefully the sun and warmer temperatures will start to melt some of the ice.

Because of the ice, Timmy and I stayed inside all weekend. Scott was able to get up the driveway to get groceries and to run other household errands, but I didn't venture into the icy tundra. I don't mind playing in the snow and rain, but I won't walk on ice unless it is absolutely necessary. 

Timmy, who is usually begging to go outside and play, seemed content to play Xbox and to dance all weekend. Despite not doing anything overly important or fun, it was nice to have a quiet weekend. Hopefully our coming week will be just as easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment