About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, April 08, 2021

Comfort

I am entering the third week of my new prosthetic set-up, and I'm delighted to report that I am still comfortable. After struggling for years with an inadequate liner and a painful socket, the newly reclaimed comfort is liberating. I am kicking myself for not making the change earlier, but I am also working towards extending myself some grace. At this point, the only thing I can do is appreciate where I am and learn from where I have been. 

Even the boys have noticed a change in my gait and demeanor. I am no longer struggling with stairs (out of fear that the leg would fall off) and I am able to run with Timmy in the yard. While I'm still cautious because of divots, I am not nearly as worried when I am outside. Dare I say, I am starting to rediscover my normal.

Today is supposed to be beautiful, so I'm hoping to give my new set-up another workout. Hopefully I'll be able to take it for a walk down to the stream. The temperatures are going to be warm enough for Hamlet to splash and look for tadpoles. I don't think I'll have to invite him twice!

No comments:

Post a Comment