About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, July 06, 2021

18th Ampuversary

 After a long trip to Ohio and two plumbing disasters, I was in desperate need of a respite. On Friday the boys and I piled into the car and drove to visit my Mom. Robby and Timmy were excited to spend time with their cousins while I was eager to unwind and relax. Sometimes, there is nothing better than going home to visit your mom!

On Saturday I celebrated my 18th Ampuversary. It is hard to comprehend that so much time has passed since my amputation. Every year on July 3 my mind drifts back to that difficult day. As much as I try to celebrate overcoming and thriving, I can't help but remember the fear and uncertainty that I felt in 2003. I have never been one to dwell, but once a year I feel an avalanche of painful memories. 

In spite of my Ampuversary, we had a great time at my Mom's house. Robby and my niece laughed and schemed throughout the weekend. They enjoyed late nights of TV watching and card games. We even managed to squeeze a few mini adventures into our short visit. Between some mischievous activities that cannot be revealed (wink wink), trips to Dave and Buster's and setting off fireworks, we unofficially kicked off our summer of adventures.

Today I'm back home and back to reality. It is always hard to leave, but it is equally as comforting to be home again. In a few weeks we will return to my Mom's for an extended visit. I can't wait!







No comments:

Post a Comment