About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, July 09, 2021

Beach Day 1

 Greetings from our ocean side paradise. After a smooth morning of travel, which may be the first time this has occurred for our little family, we quickly settled into our high rise by the sea. The apartment is amazing, full of space for us to spread out with a beautiful view. We have access to two wonderful pools (assuming I can get the boys out of the ocean.)

To be completely honest, I would be happy to spend my days in the pool. I love to look at the ocean, but I hate walking on the sand and swimming in its waves. I quickly become unbalanced and uncomfortable in my prosthesis at the beach. I would much rather look at the ocean from the comfort of a warm pool.

Unfortunately, the boys do not hold my same opinion on the beach. They are all excited to hit the surf. I'll be there, trudging behind and watching them from a beach chair. I will probably get in the water a little bit, but not enough to become submerged. Thankfully Scott loves the ocean, so I am happy to let him take the lead on these activities.

The weather is shaping up to be beautiful. I'm sure we are going to have a fabulous day (even if it is on the sand.)  Stay tuned for pics!







 


No comments:

Post a Comment