About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, July 01, 2021

Pool Time

We were met with a heat wave when we arrived home from Ohio. The heat is oppressive, but Timmy and I didn't mind. I worked through the morning so that I could spend the afternoon splashing and playing in our pool. The cool water felt fabulous on such a hot day!

Timmy and I had a blast in our pool. We played for nearly four hours and, although I was exhausted as the afternoon wore on, I enjoyed every moment. I know that in a few years I won't be Timmy's favorite playmate. Until that time, I plan on soaking up the time with him.

Being able to play in the afternoon certainly makes getting up early worth the effort. I'm certainly not a morning person but I am learning to enjoy the quiet hours when everybody is asleep. It is amazing how much I can accomplish when the house is silent.

Unfortunately our heat wave is short lived. Today we are supposed to have more rain which means we have another day inside. Sigh. At least we had fun in the sun yesterday.

I'm hoping that the rain isn't too steady because the plumbers are scheduled to fix our leaky pipe. They have to dig a significant hole next to our house in order to access the broken water line. If the weather is stormy I doubt the workers will dig outside. 

Fingers crossed that the weather won't keep the plumbers from their task. I'm tired of not having water in the house and I am looking forward to having the pipes flowing again. 



 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment