About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, June 30, 2021

Home

After a few hot days and an extremely long 7.5 hour drive, we are finally home. We had a nice visit with Scott's family. After not seeing everybody last year, it was wonderful to be able to reunite at the annual family picnic. 

Yesterday morning we packed up our rented van, said our goodbyes and headed home. Despite having more room in the van, the boys still found ways to annoy each other. I would have thought that the eight year difference between them would diminish their bickering, but that theory was disproven a long time ago.

7.5 hours of bickering, competing YouTube videos and game noises and sitting took a toll on both Scott and me. By the time we pulled into the driveway we were both ready to scream! Thankfully the boys were content to spend time by themselves for the rest of the evening, allowing me the opportunity to relax and to catch up on work.

Today I am resuming my summer schedule. I'm up early working with the hopes of logging off for a few hours this afternoon. Our pool is warm and the water is crystal clear. I can't wait to hop in and have some fun for awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment