About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, November 02, 2021

Happy Little Lights

 After a busy Halloween weekend, it was nice to have a relatively laid back day. The kiddos continued with their schoolwork while I tackled my own projects. In the afternoon (and because I woke up obscenely early), we were able to unplug for a few hours to play. The weather was crisp and beautiful. It has taken a long time, but I think the seasons have finally turned.

In the evening I took down the Halloween decorations and hung my lighted garland around the door frames. I realize that it is early to be decorating for Christmas, but the colorful bright lights make me happy. I love sitting on the couch in the evenings and seeing the kitchen and hallways lit by the happy little colors. Since the boys don't care if the decorations are hung or stay in a box, I decided to go for it.

Today is Election Day, so everybody is off school. (I am still working of course, but it is infinitely easier when I don't have to manage other schedules.) Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment