About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, November 05, 2021

Rocking out

 I finally have an appointment to begin building my new leg! Next Wednesday can't come soon enough. The bottom of my limb has morphed into a bright purple which is probably not an indicator of limb health. I am looking forward to being pain-free and "normal" again.

I am hoping that I can take it easy until my appointment to avoid any further damage. I would hate for a limb injury to interfere with my new leg timeline. If everything goes as planned, I will be comfortable by this time next week!

This weekend we are heading up to my Mom's, so I'm hoping I'll be able to keep my walking to a minimum. The boys are looking forward to hanging out with their cousin for a few days. (Unfortunately we will only see my niece. My  nephews have to go to their dad's house every single weekend.) 

On Sunday afternoon Robby and Scott are heading north to a Night Ranger concert. I'll be staying at my Mom's with Timmy while the boys are rocking out. This is the first concert that they have attended since the pandemic. I'm nervous about the possible exposure, but the vaccine requirement helps to calm my anxiety. Between wearing a mask and being vaccinated, they are as protected as possible without becoming a hermit.

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment