About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, May 18, 2022

Covid (Again)

Despite having had three injections and a previous bout of Covid, Robby received a positive diagnosis on Monday. I wasn't surprised to receive the call. Although I'm assuming it is a different strain, his symptoms mirror what he endured in January. My Koopa has a high fever and a nasty, deep cough. He is absolutely miserable!

I'm hoping that he recovers quickly because I hate seeing him this sick. Thankfully, he is the only one experiencing symptoms. Fingers crossed that we contained Covid to his room.

In the meantime, I'm making lots of trips back and forth from the kitchen to his bedroom. Between delivering drinks, medication or ice chips, I feel like I am walking on a treadmill. Timmy, perhaps understanding the tension in the house, has been exceptionally low maintenance. Fingers crossed that continues!

Since Robby has Covid, I am back into lock down. With the exception of walking Friend, I'm not going anywhere. It feels odd to resume quarantine after an extended taste of "freedom." Even though it is frustrating, I know that it is the right thing to do. I would hate to expose somebody to what Robby is enduring.

No comments:

Post a Comment