About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, May 16, 2022

Awesome Rocker

Admittedly, I am biased but I think that Robby did an amazing job on Saturday. He strutted onto the stage with a confidence that I haven't before seen. Not only was his playing stellar, but he was relaxed enough to have fun on stage. I loved watching him dance and interact with his band mates and the audience. It is hard to believe that this is the same kid who broke down from nerves just two years ago!

After a fantastic show, Robby was floating on Cloud 9 for the remainder of Saturday. Unfortunately, Sunday morning the feel-good vibe had evaporated. First thing in the morning I received an email from his band instructor. He, along with a handful of kids from the band, had just tested positive for Covid. When Robby woke up with a high fever, cough and a sore throat, my heart broke.

We took him to the doctor and we are awaiting the results of his Covid test. In the meantime, I did my best to keep him comfortable, hydrated and as isolated as possible. I hate Covid! 

 





No comments:

Post a Comment