About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, May 13, 2022

Rock On

I spent two hours with my prosthetist, trying to rediscover a comfortable fit. I am so grateful that he never gives up, and that he won't settle for "okay." I went to the appointment optimistic that I would walk out in complete comfort, and I wasn't disappointed. Hooray for a comfy leg!

When my leg fits correctly I feel better and more energized. I came home from the appointment and decided to put my socket through its paces. After making sure that everybody was settled, I put the leash on Friend and headed out for a three mile walk. Although I had to stop to carry Friend, but I did not have to readjust my leg. 

This weekend is going to be busy, so I'm glad that I will be wearing a leg that fits correctly. Tomorrow Robby performs the first of two shows for his band. He has his first major lead in a song and has been practicing nearly nonstop. I know that he is nervous, but I have no doubt that he will do a great job. (If he does make a mistake, it won't be because of a lack of preparation.)

I'll post videos tomorrow night after the show. Wish him luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment