About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, May 09, 2022

Mother's Day- No Updates.

 Happy Belated Mother's Day!

My "special" day was laid back and uneventful. I bought take-out Chinese food for dinner so I didn't have to cook. I was happy to have a night off from the kitchen.  With the exception of my getting Chinese food, the extent of my doting was virtually nonexistent.

Many years ago I had a friend mention that she hates Mother's Day because she has boys. I didn't really understand what she meant, but I think I am seeing her logic. Comparing how my niece approaches Mother's Day to how Robby, Timmy and their male cousins handle Mother's Day, a stark different is glaring. Boys, at least this group of boys, simply don't care. 

I know that the boys love me and that they mean to make the day special. They just forget because it isn't a priority. In order for sons to really celebrate Mother's Day they need their Dad (or another adult) to help them prepare and plan. Scott just doesn't roll that way.

Am I hurt that they completely blew off Mother's Day? Yes, I am. But I have also learned to have zero expectations because the odds always lean towards them forgetting.

No comments:

Post a Comment