About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, May 05, 2022

Too Big

I am increasingly frustrated with my now-too-big leg. I waited for my new leg for years, making due with an ill-fitting socket that caused near constant discomfort. I was walking on air when I received my new leg. It provided a comfort that I haven't experienced in years. 

My new leg, combined with Friend's love for long walks, has caused me to shed considerable weight. I'm delighted that I've dropped sizes and my clothes are now baggy. Unfortunately, no good deed goes unpunished. The weight loss also means that my socket no longer fits. I feel like I had a taste of complete comfort only to have it yanked away from me.

My days of walking without leg anxiety are gone. I'm nervous every time I go for a long walk because I never know when the leg will fall off. I've used socks and numerous other "hacks" to try to pad my leg, but each solution is temporary. I need another new socket.

Hopefully it won't take as long this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment