About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, May 04, 2022

Dreary

 Yikes!

I have a new appreciation for why Scott and I have delayed replacing our roof. I was expecting it to be expensive, but I was not prepared for the final tab. Right now we are reeling with sticker shock, but I know that we will have to go forward. We are planning to move next summer, so we are considering this an investment in our home value. 

Last night we had a torrential downpour. Scott and I have both dreaded heavy rain because it leaks down our fireplace. This time, all I could think about was listening to the rain without fearing the impact on our roof and home. It will be nice to sit back and relax during the first storm after our new roof is installed. The loans, paperwork and repairs stink, but I know that the result will be amazing.

Today it will be dreary and wet. Welcome to Spring in Virginia. I plan on taking the opportunity and motivating the boys to get ahead in their classes. I know when the weather is nice they will appreciate the free-time. Hopefully they agree with my plan!

No comments:

Post a Comment