About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, July 19, 2022

Arrival!

Hello from our family happy place!  We had an early morning flight, which is definitely a mixed blessing. Yesterday we arrived in Fort Lauderdale in the early afternoon, allowing us the opportunity to take full advantage of the day (and night).  Unfortunately, the kids were grumpy throughout the travel portion of the day due to the early wake-up and frustrating crowds. 

This year we brought an extra kiddo on our family vacation. My niece Tiffany, who just graduated from High School, met up with us at the airport as a surprise. I invited her along because I knew that she would enjoy the vacation and she deserves to be celebrated.  I also knew that Robby wanted a friend along on the trip because is at the age where hanging around with his mom, dad and little brother on the beach is not nearly as fun as it was in the past. This way Tiffany gets a vacation, Robby has a buddy to hang around with, and Timmy is ecstatic to be able to play with his cousin at the beach. As far as I can see, this is one of those rare situations where everybody wins!

This morning the kids (and Scott) will hit the beach while I stay in the condo and work. Sigh. I used to love walking along the beach and playing in the ocean. My amputation has definitely changed my thoughts on the sand and the surf. It is so frustrating to walk on the sand with my prosthesis that the entire activity is no longer fun. Scott now carries the parental load when it comes to beachy activities. 

After lunch we will head to the pools to play in the water for a few hours. (I am definitely a pool lady!) In the evening, Robby and Tiffany will probably walk along the tourist strip while Scott and I take Timmy for ice cream before winding him down and tucking him into bed. Hopefully the weather cooperates!









No comments:

Post a Comment