About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, November 28, 2022

Thanksgiving Recap

 Our Thanksgiving was quiet but enjoyable. My sister and her kids, myself and my crew and my Mom were the only guests. Compared to the crowds and the chaos that have been hosted around her table in years' past, the house felt spacious and relaxing.  It was nice to have a relatively low-key day.

Just because we didn't host a large crowd, our Thanksgiving wasn't without activity. On Thursday morning Timmy and my sister bundled up and ran a Turkey Trot. While I'm not a runner, I am an enthusiastic cheerleader. I had a surprisingly fun time cheering on all of the trotters.

In addition to all of our Thanksgiving activities, we did manage to fit in some professional photos and some shopping. (I try to snap some professional photos of the kids with their Nana and together every few years.) I am delighted with the photos and I know that they will be cherished for decades to come.  

Today we are back to reality, and back to work. I think the transition is going to sting a bit, but hopefully it won't take long to get back into the groove. Right now, all eyes are moving towards Christmas!






No comments:

Post a Comment