About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, December 01, 2022

Field Trip

 I love my job. Not only do I love what I do, but the flexibility that I am afforded by working from home is a priceless benefit. Today Robby is able to take advantage of a cool opportunity because we all have the flexibility in our work and school situations. Instead of a regular school day, this afternoon we are taking a field trip to the Crytologic Museum (about an hour away).  

Robby's Enrichment School teacher, who also works at the Smithsonian Institute, was offered a private group tour of the inner workings of the museum in return for a presentation he provided. Several students were selected to accompany him, Robby included. My Koopa was walking on air when he was presented with the invitation. It took some juggling, but I knew that I was going to make it happen.

This morning we will pack up and head to Annapolis MD for the afternoon. Robby will join his teacher at the museum while Timmy and I explore the sites in the area. The weather is going to be beautiful so it is a fantastic day for a field trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment