About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, November 30, 2022

Rain Pain

 I'm sitting on the couch, slurping down another mug of coffee while I'm hoping to perk up for the day ahead. I didn't sleep well last night and I am definitely feeling it today. As soon as I woke up I realized the source of my night pain- it is raining. From the aching and twinging I felt last night, I don't need a meteorologist to tell me that the precipitation will fall throughout the day. I am a human barometer!

Unlike phantom pain, weather-induced discomfort rarely wanes during the day. If my body is going to feel a weather change, it will flare throughout the storm. With a storm front shifting and cold rain falling steadily, I am in for a long day. At this point, anything above misery will be considered a victory.

While I'm going to struggle with discomfort, the boys will continue to tackle their studies. Timmy has resumed his schedule beautifully and with little to no complaining. The fact that he loves his new school really lifts my spirits. I adore seeing him so happy learning and growing! Yesterday I could hear the giggling coming down the hallway as he was working with a friend on a project.

Robby has also resumed his studies, although his complaining is a little more prolific than Timmy's. Part of Robby's lamenting comes from habit while part is designed simply to annoy. (He is successful in his quest.) Robby has a field trip tomorrow, so today he has a larger than normal to-do list. I'm sure he will be delighted. (Insert sarcastic Mom laughing.)

No comments:

Post a Comment