About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, December 15, 2022

Getting Better

 It seems that my sore mitigation protocols were effective. Although I can still feel it, the intensity decreased as the day progressed. By nightfall I was walking Friend without my limp and felt a spring returning to my step. This morning I feel great, although I still plan on taking it easy today to make sure it continues to heal. 

The fact that I am waking up to an ice storm this morning certainly helps my "take it easy" plan. I enjoy playing in the leaves, in the rain and in the snow, but I do not do ice. I avoid ice at all costs. My little pup has the same ice aversion. This morning he refused to budge past our porch because of the freezing rain. 

Today will be busy with work, school, baking and staying cozy by the fire. Although my Snowman has been counting down since September, it is almost impossible to fathom that Christmas is 10 days away. Time has flown by so quickly, especially with the chaos and confusion of the autumn. I am beginning to feel overwhelmed by everything that we need to do, but I am also aware that nothing is so pressing that it is worthy of anxiety and stress. 

This year, I want a relaxed Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment