About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, December 19, 2022

Christmas Countdown

 I cannot believe that we are down to the final countdown to Christmas. Although I have been counting down on my Snowman since September, I still feel rushed as the days tick down. I am done with shopping but I have not begun to wrap. I think once that is done I'll feel more relaxed. At least, that is what I'm telling myself right now.

Our weekend was relaxed but busy. We spent a lot of time running small errands but, at the end of the day, it was hard to pinpoint an accomplishment. Of course, Sunday was spent watching the World Cup. I don't follow the sport, but even I recognized an amazing game! 

I suppose one of the benefits of having an errand-running weekend was the extended time off of my leg. My sore, which had been making me miserable last week, is now nonexistent. Those blister Band-Aids are little miracle workers. I highly recommend that every amputee keep a box handy for those little skin malfunctions.  

With my leg completely healed and Christmas in the final countdown, this coming week will be busy. All of the boys are on vacation, so I expect a houseful of late sleepers as they completely unwind and relax. Thankfully I am accustomed to getting up early to take advantage of the quiet (and now productive) hours.




No comments:

Post a Comment