About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, January 30, 2023

Day Off

Yesterday morning Timmy challenged me to stay off of my computer all day. I'll be completely honest, the fact that he made this request jarred me. I immediately began to worry if I was working too much, or if my being plugged in online and meant becoming disengaged with him. I immediately accepted the challenge despite knowing that I was going to need to get up earlier this morning to get caught up. 

Our unplugged day was fantastic. We played outside, walked Friend (a lot) and worked on various art projects. While Timmy was busy drawing and painting, I chilled on the couch with Netflix and a bowl of popcorn. I accomplished nothing of import, but it was a wonderful relaxing day.  

Today we return to reality- well, sort of. Scott took off work today to avoid Professional Development requirements.  (Since he is planning to retire in May of 2024, he will not require the credits to maintain his license.) Instead of spending his day frustrated in various collaborative learning exercises, he is sleeping in and mourning the Bengals loss last night.  

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment