About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, March 06, 2023

Scooters and Treasures

 The gorgeous weather weekend was just what I needed to reset after my angst riddled week. I am frustrated that I suffered with nearly paralyzing anxiety for no reason, but I am accepting that it is a part of life and congratulating myself for pushing through. I've never had these issues before my hysterectomy and I am hoping that they will fade away with time. 

Yesterday was especially beautiful. Timmy, Friend and I spent the majority of our time outside, seeking treasure with the metal detector and enjoying the sunshine. It turns out that Friend is particularly helpful when it comes to Timmy's metal detecting pursuits. After a target is located, Timmy lays down the detector and picks up his trowel to dig. Friend, eager to help, starts to dig right next to him. Working together, the pair were able to uncover a table full of bottle caps, old cans, assorted metal segments and one very old belt buckle. 

When we weren't treasure seeking we were rolling through the neighborhood on our motorized devices (he used a scooter and I used my bike). With temperatures in the 70s I expected the yards to be teeming with neighbors enjoying the sun. I was surprised that Timmy and I were the only ones who were outside playing. It felt eerie and oddly ominous. 

Unfortunately our spring preview is coming to an end. The temperatures are now expected to be below average for the next few weeks. Hopefully the warm weather break will be enough to get me few the next few weeks of winter.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment