About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, March 10, 2023

Daffodil water

 Last night I learned that daffodil water can induce vomiting. How do I know this? Because I accidentally drank about 2 inches of daffodil water as I was loading the dishwasher. I realize that "accidentally drank" sounds like an impossibility. I assure you it is not impossible, but it is rather irresponsible. 

Before bed, fatigued from the day and in a chore haze, I was loading up the dishwasher for what felt like the gazillionth time that day. I picked up a glass that held about 2 inches of water. I thought it was the water I had been drinking earlier in the evening, so I gulped it down before putting the glass into the dishwasher. It wasn't until after I swallowed and tasted the floral aftertaste that I realized it was actually the water from the make-shift daffodil vase. 

About 20 minutes later everybody was tucked into bed and ready for the night. My stomach began to turn, but I assumed it was more of a mental reaction to the floral burps I was experiencing. I opted to lie still and wait it out. 45 seconds later I realized that I miscalculated the situation. I sprung up, shouted for a bowl and frantically tried to don my liner and leg. 

I was too late. I ended up projectile vomiting a combination of daffodil water and red velvet cake all over myself, my bedroom wall and Scott. It was beyond disgusting! I rushed to the bathroom where I endured 15 minutes of retching and sweating agony. As quickly as it came upon me it was over- with the exception of the red stains on our walls and carpet. 

Our bedroom now looks like a crime scene.  Learn from me. Don't drink the daffodil water.

No comments:

Post a Comment