About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, March 13, 2023

Misery

 This past weekend has not been our best. The weather was miserable which seemed to match the mood in our home. Everybody seemed to be on edge and grumpy. I'd attribute it to the time change, but the issues seemed to start as soon as school closed on Friday. From snarky bickering to full meltdowns, navigating parenting issues over the past few days has been rough.

Last night I ended up sending everybody to bed a little earlier than normal with the hopes that they would wake up with a happier perspective. Knowing that I surely contributed to the grumpiness opted to follow my own advice. I'd love to say I slept soundly and I am ready to rock a new week, but that would be dishonest.  

As soon as I took off my leg I began to feel the all-too familiar twinges of phantom pain. I had no doubt that the snow/rain that had been falling all day was the culprit, but knowing the cause did nothing to minimize the pain. I wrapped my leg tightly, pulled my knee tight to my chest and tried to breath through the twinges until they finally subsided. Perhaps apt to our weekend, my night was as pleasant as my weekend. 

Hopefully today will be better. Phantom pain is as miserable as snarky teens and frustrated 8 year olds.

No comments:

Post a Comment