About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, March 16, 2023

Walking Away

Yesterday the weather was gorgeous! It was a little breezy and cool but the bright sun more than made up for the chill. After a few days of twinging discomfort my leg finally felt strong and comfortable in my socket. Friend and I ended up walking more than 16k steps during our many walks.

Walking Friend has become my solace. While Timmy loves to come along, I have to admit that I have a special affinity for the walks where I am alone. Sometimes I find myself sneaking out for a walk simply because I need the space to think by myself. Many days walking Friend only time of the day that I don't have somebody next to me. 

My walks are especially enjoyable when my leg fits perfectly. Socket fit issues have become more common and increasingly frustrating. I've lost weight over the winter and, while I love that my jeans no longer fit, my socket is now too big. I am back to adjusting with socks and pads which is a game I've never enjoyed playing. I have become spoiled by great fitting legs and I am now frustrated anytime I have to don socks.

Soon I'm going to have to start the process for a new leg. In the meantime, I am going to thoroughly appreciate every time my leg fits great.

No comments:

Post a Comment