About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, May 23, 2023

Slippy Leg

 Losing weight is great, but when you are an amputee shedding pounds isn't as easy as pulling out my skinny pants. When an amputee loses or gains approximately 10 pounds, the fit of the socket becomes compromised. Hobbling around with a floppy leg is not fun. It feels as if the universe is laughing at the irony.

Over the past few days I have begun to struggle more with socket fit. I'm lucky that I have gone so long before my fit was completely compromised. I don't enjoy the prosthetic process, but I do not want another summer with an ill-fitting leg. When the temperatures heat up, I know that my leg is going to slip right off if I don't address it now. I suppose there is no time like the present to get started.  

This is our last week of school, or at least it is for Scott and Timmy, so the summertime anticipation is growing. (Robby has a few more weeks left. His end date is dependent upon how hard he works in the next few days.) Scott is looking forward to sleeping in and avoiding as many snarky teens as possible while Timmy is already chatting and dreaming about Cousin Crew adventures. 

I suppose I'd better start planning!

No comments:

Post a Comment