About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, May 24, 2023

Spirit Week

The excitement in our house is reaching a feverish pitch. Timmy and Scott are beyond excited about the closing of their respective school years. Robby's enthusiasm is tempered because he still has a few more projects to finalize before he is done. Regardless, the end is in sight and summer is on the horizon. 

This school year has been one of growth and transition. Timmy and I began the year in tears, frantic and overwhelmed about the coming months. Now we are in the homestretch and he has stepped up to the challenge. I am so incredibly proud of him. This year was not easy, but we did it. Not only did we survive, but he has thrived.  

We are almost over, but we have a few days left. This is Spirit Week at school, and yesterday was silly hat day. In preparation, I pulled a variety of hats in the morning so that he could have a choice. He rejected all of my options and insisted on wearing Robby's WWII Russian field hat. Sigh. I suppose this is an impact of having an older brother. 

Today is Silly Sock day. We spent the morning gluing googly eyes and using glitter glue all over an old pair of Scott's socks. I suppose I should be happy that they are not military themed.


No comments:

Post a Comment