About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, May 22, 2023

Rocking at the Park

 I had a nice birthday. Despite my feeling non-celebratory, the boys made my day feel special. Next year I turn 50 so perhaps that explains why I was content to just pass this one over. I am already dreading 50 but I have 12 months to pretend that it isn't happening. I am not going to waste 49 fretting over what comes next!

On Saturday we packed up and headed to the park. Robby's band was performing and (thankfully) the weather was delightful. Despite his not enjoying the outdoor venue, he did a fantastic job. (Apparently the stage was unstable and the generators caused some chaos behind the scenes, both impacting his ability to completely relax and rock out.)

In exactly one year we plan to put our house on the market, which means that I have 12 months to get this place in shape for showings. Looking around, I know it is going to be a massive project. I've decided to utilize the next year wisely. Every week I plan to gather at least one box for donation and one bag of trash. If I do the minimum every week, I will have purged at least 52 boxes/bags of 'stuff' from the house before we get serious about selling. I think Future Peggy will appreciate these efforts so I spent Sunday putting my plan into action. 

I cleaned out  the living room, accumulating two boxes for donation and three bags of trash. It feels good to be proactive. Hopefully I can keep this going!



 


No comments:

Post a Comment