About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, May 26, 2023

Last Day

 Today is the last day of school!

Well, it's the last day for Scott and Hamlet.  Robby still has a few projects until he is finished for the year, but I have no doubt he will wrap everything up quickly.  Soon everybody will be on vacation - except, of course, for me. Eh. Even though I won't have the luxury of the same carefree schedule, I'm determined to relax and unwind this summer.

I look back on this school year with astonishment. Both Robby and Timmy have grown immensely. This year has brought more independence to Robby. I look at him and I see an emerging college student, ready to fly. I'm not ready, but next year he will be a Senior regardless of my emotional readiness. I suppose I need to just sit back and enjoy the stage. 

Over the past nine months, Timmy has shown tremendous growth in every area. The adjustment to his new school was difficult for both of us.  I remember crying in the bathroom during those first few weeks of school. I'd wake up panicked because we had to do it all over again. I think only he and I truly understand the frustrations of those first few days and weeks. 

I'm proud of us.  Not only did we emerge on the other side (summer), but he has thrived through the experience.  

Bring on summer vacation. We have all earned it!


No comments:

Post a Comment