About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, October 10, 2023

Happy Walks

After the Milky Way Meltdown and the ensuing drama our family is slowly starting to return to normal.  The past few weeks have been littered with schedule changes and random vacation days. This week our schedule is 'normal' which should allow all of us a little breathing room. Too much change inevitably leads to chaos.

The temperatures are cooling which seem to call to Friend throughout the day. He loves chasing the leaves as they flutter along the breeze. I'm still struggling with socket fit but thankfully my limb sores have completely healed. It takes me awhile each morning to perfect the padding for the day but once I do I am (mostly) comfortable.

Being able to resume my longer walks with Friend is something that we are both thoroughly enjoying. Being outside and moving is good for not only my physical health but also for my soul. I am a better mom when I am relaxed and happy, so as far as I'm concerned everybody benefits by my mini-escapes.

Today is a rare day when I don't have to drive anywhere. Nobody has any activities and I don't have any appointments, so I'll be able to stay in my jammy bottoms and comfortable all day. After all, working from home has some benefits!

No comments:

Post a Comment