About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, October 11, 2023

Israel

 Yesterday I was paralyzed by the horrific reports emerging from Israel. I knew it would be better for my mental health to turn off the television and to focus on something happier, but doing so felt incredibly disrespectful. I realize it makes absolutely no sense and I am done trying to analyze it. I know from experience that I will stay stuck until I figure out something actionable. When I can focus my devastation towards functional outrage I will be able to disengage from the constant stream of horrible news. 

I have been functioning under a veil of outrage and grief. I am quick to tear and, despite my best efforts, I find myself back in front of the television. I just cannot imagine the terror that is being felt.

The problem is that there is nothing that I can do to help. Like so many others around the world, I feel utterly helpless. I want to reach through the television screen and rescue those little children and mothers, to dry the tears that are falling and to help bandage wounds. Lacking those opportunities, I have made donations to the Red Cross and UN, and I am hugging my kids tighter.


No comments:

Post a Comment