About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, May 23, 2024

NOLA

Today is the start of what is sure to be an exciting, memorable and enjoyable weekend. Robby and I are heading to New Orleans where he will be recognized with the Billy Michal Student Leadership Award. One student is being recognized in each state and all of the recipients are being honored at a reception at the National World War II Museum tomorrow. I am so incredibly proud of him I may burst!

While we have some exciting days ahead of us, yesterday was busy as well.  Timmy received amazing news from the doctor when his cast was removed. He has to be careful for the next month to avoid bumps and falls ( definitely easier said than implemented) but the bones have been healing well. He was nervous after the cast was removed but excited to be 'free' this summer. 

Today Rob and I head to NOLA while Scott and Timmy are holding down everything at home. I am so grateful for my Mom who is coming down tomorrow to choreograph and oversee Timmy's 'Bridging Up" ceremony. A big deal in the Montessori world, I was devastated to miss it. Although I am still sad I can't be there, I know that my Mom taking the lead will make it even more special. 





Stay tuned for NOLA pics!



No comments:

Post a Comment